Posts Tagged The 700 Club
God and Pat Robertson
Posted on January 6, 2012
The other day, on his television show The 700 Club, Pat Robertson told his followers that God had confided in him about who was going to be elected our next President, but for reasons known only to God and Pat Robertson, he wasn’t going to share that with his television audience. God also told him:
“Your country will be torn apart by internal strife. A house divided can not stand. Your President holds a radical view of the direction of your country which is at odds with the majority. Expect chaos and paralysis. Your President holds a view which is at odds with the majority. It’s a radical view of the future of this country, and that’s why we’re having this division. This is a spiritual battle which can only be won with overwhelming prayer. The future of the world is at stake here because if America fails, there is no longer a strong champion of freedom, and a champion of the oppressed of the world. There must be an urgent call to prayer.”
At the end of this rather convoluted statement, Pat added that God told him, “It is not my judgement, they are bringing it upon themselves.”
Now, besides the obvious redundancies in the above statement, I have a real problem with God talking to a fool like Pat Robertson. God must not like President Obama. And I never knew God was such a conservative. His politics mirror those of the conservative right. Mere coincidence? I think not. A figment of Pat Robertson’s imagination? That would be a much more reasonable explanation.
This is not the first time God has addressed Mr. Robertson. Back in the late 70s, God told old Pat that the world would end in October or November of 1982. I don’t think that prediction came true. And after yet another conversation with God, Pat claimed that mass killings, possibly involving a terrorist attack using nuclear weapons, would occur in January of 2008. When the attack failed to materialize, Pat claimed, “The people of God prayed, and God in his mercy spared us.”
It’s funny how these religious types who insist on predicting the future, with Gods blessing, always turn out wrong. And there’s always, in their minds, a legit reason why. In this regard Pat is much like Harold Camping. (Although I don’t think Pat would like this comparison.)
Born Marion Gordon Robertson, Pat is no novice when it comes to controversy. As the founder of the Christian Coalition, Pat was in the forefront when his group was twice fined for flouting election laws, first for failure to report election expenditures, and next for clandestinely aiding the election efforts of Newt Gingrich and Ollie North.
Furthermore, he famously called Hurricane Katrina Gods punishment for America’s abortion policies. He also said a spouse suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease was fair game for divorce, and in his coup de grace he claimed that the earthquake in Haiti was brought on because Haiti’s founders made a pact with the Devil. Obviously, this guy is off his rocker, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he himself wasn’t suffering from Alzheimer’s.
No, Pat Robertson is a stupid old fool who has been allowed to prey on his unsuspecting followers for way to long. Like Harold Camping, he should be put out to pasture. Make sure the old boy takes his medicine, and maybe his personal conversations with God will come to a halt. Someone should put a stop to this con artist. I think he actually believes his own rap. Sad, isn’t it?
In one further note, right-wing conservatives should be ashamed that their outlook is shared by this sad excuse for a human being. The fact that Pat Robertson feels as they do should cause them to rethink their position immediately. If this isn’t the kiss of death, I don’t know what is. Repent now conservatives, one and all, and distance yourself as quickly as possible from this man. His ideas, which are straight from the Republican playbook, and are shared by folks like Gingrich, Santorum, Bachman, Perry and Paul, which is downright frightening. As has been said before, politics makes strange bedfellows.
- WATCH: Stephen Colbert Takes A Tip From Pat Robertson (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pat Robertson’s 2012 Predictions (thegreatone22.wordpress.com)
- US evangelical Pat Robertson: God has told me who the next President will be, but I’m not telling you (newhumanist.org.uk)
- Pat Robertson Says God Showed Him Who the Next President Will Be (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Pat Robertson: God Told Me Who The Next President Will Be (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Divine Punditry: Pat Robertson Reveals God Told Him The Name Of The Next President . . . But He Is Not Talking (jonathanturley.org)
- Stephen Colbert Starts Praying To Save Us From Pat Robertson’s Predictions (mediaite.com)
- God Spoke to Pat Robertson (he thinks) (thechapel.wordpress.com)
- Pat Robertson: God Told Me Who The Next President Will Be (VIDEO) (tribuneofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Pat Robertson: God Told Me Who the Next President Will Be, But I Can’t Tell You (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Layer 8: Hypersonic test aircraft pealed apart after 3 minutes of sustained Mach 20 speed
- Did someone say "Scandal" ?!
- Farm Lobby
- G.O.P. Split Over Whether to Waste Time Investigating Benghazi or Repealing Obamacare : The New Yorker
- Mayan Tragedy in Belize | coNZervative
- Obamacare Repeals
- Senate Speed Trap
- GOP Lifesaver
- New Information
- Daily Kos: Boehner explains why House will waste more time and money on Obamacare repeal