Posts Tagged Secret Service
(CNN) - The Secret Service said an unidentified man was arrested Thursday at the White House after running at the vehicle carrying former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to a lunch there.
The man reached into Romney’s open vehicle window as the SUV stopped at a White House gate. He was yelling the candidate’s name when he was hauled away, apparently by a security officer.
“This afternoon an individual interfered with a motorcade,” the Secret Service said in a statement. “He became combative with uniformed Secret Service agents, and was arrested for assault of a police officer and unlawful entrance.”
The individual did not appear to physically contact Romney.
Romney was visiting the White House for a lunch with President Barack Obama. The White House said in a statement the “focus of their discussion was on America’s leadership in the world and the importance of maintaining that leadership position in the future.”
- Man arrested after charging at Romney’s SUV (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Man arrested after charging at Romney’s SUV (fox6now.com)
- Man Arrested After Reaching In Romney’s SUV (fox2now.com)
- Man arrested after charging at Romney’s SUV (wyff4.com)
- Man arrested after incident with Romney motorcade (cnsnews.com)
- Man arrested after incident with Romney motorcade (kansascity.com)
- Man arrested after incident with Romney motorcade (ktvb.com)
- Man arrested after incident with Romney (kypost.com)
- Man arrested after incident with Romney motorcade (chippewa.com)
- Man Arrested after Incident with Romney Motorcade (nation.time.com)
Clinton Appointed to Secret Service Chaperone Position
May 11, 2012
By Orbson Rice
States Secret Service. In reaction to the recent controversy involving alcohol, strippers and prostitutes in Colombia, the Secret Service has instituted new “rules of conduct” for its agents. One of the measures involves the appointment of a “chaperone” to monitor agents’ actions and enforce the new higher standards. Within hours of the announcement, President Clinton made a formal request to fill the position. According to White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, “The former President was adamant that he would be able to provide the proper oversight for the after-hours activities of Secret Service agents and President Obama agreed.” On Tuesday, former President Bill Clinton was appointed to the position of Chaperone of the United
After examining the old version of “The Secret Service Rules of Conduct”, it is unclear whether the ”new rules” were needed or just a reaction to the controversy. In the section labeled “Engaging prostitutes while visiting foreign countries”, the rules clearly stated:
1. Agents may entertain no more than five prostitutes per room, per evening.
2. If agents are garbed in outfits including but not limited to sexy kitten costumes, French maid outfits or latex body suits, they should refrain from leaving their hotel rooms.
3. Agents should refrain from creating a scene with prostitute(s) due to unrequited articulations of love or refusal to pay for services rendered.
Had the agents followed the previously established protocol there likely would not have been a scandal in Colombia. Still, according to Clinton the inclusion of a chaperone will create an aura of respectability. “The agents can still have a good time, but they’ll do it in a more discreet and professional way. I understand blowing off some steam, but they need to be believable when they deny it later.” The first test of the new regime will occur this weekend in Bangkok, Thailand where the former President is already getting comfortable in his new position by thoroughly vetting potential escorts.
- Secret Service agent fired in 2008 prostitute case (heraldonline.com)
- Teenage wasteland: Secret Service to now have chaperones. No, really (twitchy.com)
- Apology from Secret Service Boss for Prostitution Scandal (fox4kc.com)
- 4 Secret Service agents plan to fight firing over Colombian prostitutes (640whlo.com)
- 4 Secret Service agents plan to fight firing over Colombian prostitutes (radio.woai.com)
- Three DEA agents ousted in secret service prostitution scandal (bazaardaily.com)
- Secret Service sex scandal agents fight dismissals (theweek.co.uk)
- 4 Secret Service agents to contest dismissals over prostitution scandal (undisputedlegal.wordpress.com)
Hookers Downgrade US Credit Rating
Shortchanging by Secret Service Draws Strong Rebuke
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – Days after Secret Service agents shortchanged a group of prostitutes in Colombia, the international trade group representing hookers downgraded the United States’ credit rating from AAA to B.
The strong rebuke from the International Alliance of Professional Escorts came after a Secret Service agent reportedly paid one of its members $30 for an $800 service, or only 4% of the stated price.
The statement from the International Alliance of Professional Escorts said that in downgrading the United States’ credit rating it was sending a clear message that its “members should be aware that doing business with the government of the United States carries with it a significant risk.”
“We are urging our members to avoid conducting transactions with the United States and to focus on more reliable customers, like the International Monetary Fund,” the statement added.
Just hours after the announcement from the escorts’ group, the U.S. Congress passed the following resolution blasting the Secret Service for its actions: “We strongly denounce the Secret Service for consorting with prostitutes, which has traditionally been Congress’s role.”
But it was not all bad news this week for the Secret Service, which today reported a 5000% jump in enlistment.
The agency said that enlistment offices across the country have been packed with prospective agents, including House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who abruptly dropped out of the Presidential race to join.
- Twitter reacts to growing Secret Service scandal (twitchy.com)
- Criminal charges will be amped up if secret service escorts are underage (examiner.com)
- Photos and a Lawsuit in the Secret Service’s Hooker Scandal (reason.com)
- Revealed: Woman at the centre of Secret Service ‘hooker’ row (thesun.co.uk)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxchicago.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxdc.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxboston.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxny.com)