Posts Tagged Roof
New Book, “Dog on the Roof”, Satirizes the Mitt Romney Dog on Roof Story
Published May 17, 2012
A new book, “Dog on the Roof”, reignites the public’s feelings about the now infamous Mitt Romney dog on roof story.
Did you think that the Mitt Romney dog on roof story would go away? If so, think again.
The story, which has become a thorn in the side of presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, is once again being unearthed despite his efforts to put the issue to rest. Thanks to a new book being put out by Simon & Schuster next month, Romney will likely have to brace himself for yet another wave of animal rights activism and unwelcome negative press.
The book, aptly titled “Dog on the Roof”, is a 64-page satire of the story of Seamus, the Romney family dog who rode in an overhead kennel on a 12-hour trip to Canada in the 1980s. The book describes itself as being the “true–and only mildly embellished” story of what actually happened on the now infamous trip.
While the book is meant to be humorous, some have found it to have a semblance of truth behind it. Many have dubbed the Romney incident as being incredibly cruel, with some citing it as evidence of an inherent “meanness” in the presidential hopeful.
On the flip side, Romney has defended his actions, and has deflected the severity of the situation he put his dog in. Though he has tried to put the issue to rest many times, it continues to come back and haunt him.
The publication of the new Simon & Schuster book, along with the re-inflamed sentiments about the Seamus’ story, serve as a reminder that the story won’t go away anytime soon, and that we’ll likely be hearing of it until Election Day passes in November.
What do you think about the new book “Dog on the Roof”? Will you give it a read? What about the Mitt Romney dog on roof incident as a whole? Is it a character story that should continually be revisited, or does it have no place in the general election? Share your thoughts in a comment!
- Mitt Romney’s dog Seamus inspires new tale (boston.com)
- We Can’t Wait for the Book – Remember Poor Seamus….. (mittismean.org)
- Seamus Romney’s story goes to print – Remember Seamus! (mittismean.org)
- Ann Romney: Seamus ‘loved’ car roof (politico.com)
- Mitt Romney Looking Longingly At People (buzzfeed.com)
- Mitt Romney’s roof-riding dog Seamus will be focus of new super PAC (boston.com)
- Dog On The Roof!: New Book Offers Seamus’ Account Of Riding On Romney’s Roof (mediaite.com)
- Ann Romney To Diane Sawyer On Tying Family Dog To The Car Roof: ‘The Dog Loved It’ (mediaite.com)
- 10 Reasons Why Mitt Romney’s Campaign Bus Taunted Barack Obama’s Rally (listofx.wordpress.com)
- Dogs Against Romney Founder Endorses Mitt Is Mean Super PAC (mittismean.org)