Posts Tagged Jimmy Kimmel
BY MICHAEL DESTRIES APRIL 29, 2012 .
At last night’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner, President Barack Obama once again proved that he is a very funny man.
More than 2,000 politicians, celebrities, and journalists jammed into the basement ballroom of the Washington Hilton to hear hilarious remarks delivered by the President and late-night host Jimmy Kimmel; as well as honor fellow newsmakers.
“It’s nice to be here in the nice, vast Hilton ballroom. Or as Mitt Romney would call it, a fixer-upper,” Obama quipped.
In one segment, Obama also made fun of right-wing claims that he’s fond of eating dogs. ”What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a Pitbull?,” the President asked, using Sarah Palin’s favorite line. “A Pitbull is delicious!”
Continuing on the theme of dogs, Obama took the opportunity to mock likely GOP Presidential nominee Mit Romney on his “dog-on-car-roof” incident. The President’s team created a mock attack ad praising Romney for allowing his dog to “feel the wind in his fur” while Obama keeps Bo shuttered behind failed policies.
“America’s dogs can’t afford four more years of Obama,” the spoof says. “For them, that’s almost 28 years.”
It then concludes with the above shot of Romney on Air Force One with a dog carrier attached.
Check out President Obama’s full (and hilarious) opening below. To see the Bo ad, jump to the 12:14 mark.
- Video: Obama Spoofs Mit Romney’s ‘Dog on Roof’ Incident (ecorazzi.com)
- Obama spoofs Mitt Romney’s ‘dog-on-roof’ gaffe (mnn.com)
- 10 Reasons Why Mitt Romney’s Campaign Bus Taunted Barack Obama’s Rally (listofx.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Romney trounced in Massachusetts (dailykos.com)
- Obama campaign ties Mitt Romney to Ohio anti-union law (dailykos.com)
- NBC Fawns Over Obamas’ First Date, Mocks Romney As Being Like Britney Spears (newsbusters.org)
- Poll: Mitt Romney less popular than George Bush (and Barack Obama) (americablog.com)
- “Selective Memory Loss”: Romney Defended Bush’s Invocation Of Executive Privilege (mykeystrokes.com)
- Mitt Romney Looking Longingly At People (buzzfeed.com)