Posts Tagged Baseball
Report: Baseball Favorite Sport Of Many Detroit Tigers Players | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
Report: Baseball Favorite Sport Of Many Detroit Tigers Players
DETROIT—Though their differing ages, nationalities, and backgrounds would suggest a greater divergence of opinions on the world of athletics, most Detroit Tigers players say baseball is their favorite sport, clubhouse sources reported Saturday. “We’re all into sports around here, but I would say we talk more about baseball than anything else,” said Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, adding that he and his teammates follow baseball “pretty closely.” “I liked a lot of different stuff when I was younger, but since leaving college and starting a busy career, I’ve found I’m paying more attention to baseball than other sports.” Though many of the team’s players are high-powered millionaires, sources said most decorate their lockers with simple bats, balls, and other types of baseball souvenirs, and wear baseball paraphernalia while they are working.
- Victor Martinez Injury: Tigers DH Could Return By August, According To Team Owner (detroit.sbnation.com)
- New Internet Destinations Created | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- JJ! Colorado Rockies vs Detroit Tigers Live Stream Online, MLB Baseball-2012 (oleole.com)
- Did Detroit Tigers Player Cheat? (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- Detroit Tigers Player Delmon Young Goes On Drunken, Jew-Bashing Rampage Outside Manhattan Hotel (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Former Detroit Tigers Infielder Brandon Inge Headed To Oakland (detroit.sbnation.com)
- Detroit Tigers Injuries: No Starting Pitcher For Thursday, Could Be Doug Fister (detroit.sbnation.com)
- Entire Facebook Staff Laughs As Man Tightens Privacy Settings | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (futureofbiz.org)
- Could the Detroit Tigers Be Showcasing Jacob Turner on Thursday? (thedetroitsportssite.com)
- Detroit Tigers: is the sky falling? (isportsweb.com)
On Roger Clemens’ Acquittal
Finally he can enter the Baseball Hall of Fame as his generation’s most exonerated pitcher.
There is nothing like a famous white man walking triumphantly out of court in an expensive suit to prove the system works.
So he and Andy Pettitte are cool now?
- New Preventative Drug Would Kill People Before They Get Alzheimer’s | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- Governor Too Embarrassed To Say Which State He Leads | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- U.S. Improves Infrastructure With Transnational Power Strip | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- Roger Clemens’ Acquittal Not Enough to Win Legendary Pitcher a Place in Baseball Hall of Fame (nesn.com)
- Romney Promises ‘The Opposite’ Of Obama On Israel | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source | American Voices (mbcalyn.com)
- Roger Clemens might get Hall of Fame boost from acquittal (suntimes.com)
- Stress Up Since 1983 | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source | American Voices (fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com)
- Gresh & Zo: Clemens Not Guilty Of What Exactly? (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Jury returns not guilty verdicts in Clemens trial (espn.go.com)
- NEW YORK SUN: Roger Clemens’ No-Hitter. The acquittal yesterday of Roger Clemens of all charges … (pjmedia.com)