Why Most Republicans Do Not Seem To Know They Are Getting Their Butts Kicked
Expecting Republicans to simply give up and admit defeat prior to the election may have been unrealistic, but Republicans took the expectations game to a whole ‘nutha level. They “unskewed” polls to show Romney with a lead. They witnessed the gathering masses and took the to mean that they were going to win. They read the tealeaves. They looked at historical precedents. They simply could not understand how the nation would ever re-elect Barack Obama after such a disastrous 1st term. Their best political minds took everything into consideration, discounted what was not right wing propaganda, and pronounced that . Even George Will, the supposed conservative brainiac wunderkind predicted a Romney landslide just prior to the election, even as every legitimate indicator predicted the correct outcome.
Quite simply Republicans were not willing to accept the reality beyond their own misleading echo chamber.
Mitt Romney and most Republicans were just of the election. The election night coverage on Fox was highlighted by the on-air when his network declared Obama had won Ohio and thus re-election. When the right wing echo chamber was forced to deal with cold hard reality, it did not go well for them.
Fast forward nearly a year to the current budget crisis and it would seem that Republicans (with a few ) have not learned anything. Conservatives from to are using their echo chamber to trumpet the government shutdown as a Republican triumph, and a Democratic boondoggle. Republicans have convinced themselves that they are winning the messaging war by hanging out at the WWII memorial (which they have voted to close btw) and passing short term funding measures for various hot button issues. When presented with evidence that the American people do not agree with them on the shutdown, they bring out echo chamber tested talking points about it being Reid’s or Obama’s fault.
They are getting trounced and they are convinced that they are winning. shows the Republicans would have trouble holding the house if a general election were held today. The prospects for Republicans against generic Democrats in the poll are even worse when it is disclosed that the Republican in question voted to shut down the government.
On the same day this poll was released Republicans fanned out on the Sunday talk shows promising to dig in their heels by throwing in the promise to default on the debt in addition to shutting down the government. Because this has been such a winning strategy for them after all.
The truth is the right wing echo chamber is powered by falsehood and self-aggrandizing fear mongers. It is an enterprise for the enrichment of the right wing elite. Promoting a winning political agenda is not the primary concern of the right wing echo chamber charlatans. Their primary mission in life is to enrich themselves with empty promises to change the basic nature of the American system or to fight against this or that outrage… if you will only donate $25 to the cause, or support their gold hustling advertisers.
I used to be convinced that Fox News and the rabid haters on talk radio were going to cause the downfall of the Republic. Now I am convinced that the right wing echo chamber will only cause the downfall of the Republican party.
- Ann Romney: We would not be in shutdown if Mitt were president (bizpacreview.com)
- Epic Rap Battles of History: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney (randomfansinc.wordpress.com)
- Contempt for President Obama is Behind the Shutdown (huffingtonpost.com)
- RomneyCare supporter Jim DeMint says Obamacare wasn’t an isssue in 2012 because of Mitt Romney (dailykos.com)
- Exclusive: Romney disagrees with House GOP ‘tactics’ on Obamacare in D.C. (thelead.blogs.cnn.com)
- Hispanic outreach: Mitt Romney’s largest error from 2012 (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Mitt Romney Right About Everything? Again, you idiots elected the wrong man. (gopthedailydose.com)
- Exclusive: Mitt Romney on Iran: President Rouhani is not calling the shots (thelead.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rachel Maddow: Republican Shutdown Planned For Two Years (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Virginia Election Offers a Real-World Test of Conservative Theory (txwclp.org)