Sarah Palin Took a 75% Pay Cut To Get Her Job Back at Fox News
My how the mighty have fallen. It turns out that Sarah Palin had to give up a whole lot of money to get her job back at Fox News. The Wasilla Washout had to surrender about $750,000/year.
Back in January, Howard Kurtz reported then that, ”The new contract offered by Fox, say people familiar with the situation, would have provided only a fraction of the million-dollar-a-year salary. It was then, they say, that Palin turned it down and both sides agreed to call it quits. A friendly announcement was planned for Friday, but a source close to Palin leaked the news in the afternoon to Real Clear Politics, saying the former Alaska governor “decided not to renew the arrangement” and ‘remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism.’”
In a report on TV Guide’s list of the highest paid people on television, revealed how big of pay cut Palin had to take in order to get her Fox News gig back, “Other notable names: Megyn Kelly’s new deal is estimated to be worth $6 million a year, twice what Hoda Kotb draws, and more than three times as much as ABC’s Josh Elliott. Ann Curry is still one of the highest-paid reporters at NBC, drawing $5 million a year, while Sarah Palin’s new FNC contract is believed to be in the $250,000 range.”
Sarah Palin came groveling back to Fox News, because she realized that without Fox she was nothing. While she was on her own, Palin had vanished into the oblivion of her Facebook page. Even more important than the lack of media attention that she no longer received, her PAC slush fund that she has used to maintain her lifestyle dried up. Fox News is the hub of conservative fundraising, and Sarah Palin needed to get the cash flowing back into her PAC, so she needed Fox News a whole lot more than Fox needed her.
There aren’t too many people in the country who have had to take a 75% pay cut in the past year, but for my money Sarah Palin is still overpaid by 25%.
- Sarah Palin Took a 75% Pay Cut To Get Her Job Back at Fox News (politicususa.com)
- ‘Unflippingbelievable’: Sarah Palin outraged by DHS employee’s hate website (twitchy.com)
- BREAKING: Sarah Palin Does Not Have A Future, Says Last Guy In America To Realize That (wonkette.com)
- Sarah Palin right about Barack Obama’s ‘hopey-changey’ stuff? You betcha, says Noam Chomsky (news.nationalpost.com)
- Sarah Palin defends gays and attacks Homeland Security for creating a hateful website (gayteen101.wordpress.com)
- You Know Things Are Bad When Chomsky Says Palin Was Right (personalliberty.com)
- ‘Seriously?’ Sarah Palin shreds Bob Beckel’s ridiculous claim about Alaska pipeline jobs (twitchy.com)
- Sarah Palin Last Week’s Outrageous Quote Winner (newshounds.us)
- Rand Paul Endorses Sarah Palin for Senate (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- Palin: ‘All Hell’s Breaking Loose’ And Obama’s Having A ‘Gay Old Time!’ (mikesright.wordpress.com)