NOVEMBER 6, 2012
OBAMAS RETURN TO WHITE HOUSE AS ROMNEYS RETURN TO 1954
POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ
BOSTON (The Borowitz Report)—America cast its historic vote today, sending Barack and Michelle Obama back to the White House while sending Mitt and Ann Romney back to 1954.
The election meant the end of the road for Mr. Romney, who had been actively seeking the Presidency for the past sixty-five years.
Addressing supporters at the Boston Convention Center, Mr. Romney called his defeat tonight “bittersweet”: “On one hand, I lost the election. But on the other hand, I’ll never have to show anyone my taxes.”
If he had won tonight, Mr. Romney would have become the first man elected President after telling half of the country to screw themselves.
Vice-Presidential nominee Paul Ryan addressed the subject of his defeat in characteristic style, telling supporters that he had won.
- Obamas Return to White House as Romneys Return to 1954 (bandannie.com)
- Romney Airdrops Two Billion in Small Bills Over Ohio : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Nation Spends $2.5 Billion on Nothing : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Boehner’s 48 Hours of Pretending to Work with Obama Sets New Record : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- One Direction to play White House gig (bigpondnews.com)
- Barack Obama adds Florida to White House victory – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Romney Sets New Personal Best for Faking Empathy : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Election Over, Obama Returns to Golf (whitehousedossier.com)
- Inside look at Obama’s re-election (mysanantonio.com)
- GOLF AND PRIORITIES: New Yorkers Still In The Dark As Obama Hits The Links. “Imagine the howls if … (pjmedia.com)