OCTOBER 15, 2012
OBAMA’S NEW DEBATE STRATEGY
POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—With his polite and well-mannered performance widely panned in the first Presidential debate, President Barack Obama is under mounting pressure to prove that he can act like an asshole in the second debate tomorrow night, a campaign aide confirmed.
“In America, we demand that our President remain cool and calm in a crisis but go batshit in a debate,” the aide said. “Tuesday night is all about that second piece.”
Rather than unspooling a laundry list of facts and numbers as he did in the first debate, this time Mr. Obama will focus on tearing Mr. Romney a new one.
Unfortunately, the aide acknowledged, such classic dick moves as dismissively interrupting an opponent and laughing over his answers do not come naturally to Mr. Obama: “That’s why we’re having Joe Biden work with him.”
But even as Mr. Obama worked around the clock to practice being a douche, Mitt Romney’s campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, doubted his efforts would succeed.
“Being an asshole isn’t a skill that you can just pick up overnight,” Mr. Rhoades said. “Mitt Romney’s been working on it all his life.”
- Debate Victory Validates Romney Strategy of Nonstop Lying : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Poll: By Wide Margin, Democrats Want Biden in All Remaining Debates : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney’s Wife to Stand Next to Him at Debates : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Pressure: Americans Expect Obama to Win Second Debate (conservativebyte.com)
- The New Yorker Debate Cover: Empty Chair … AND More Than One Romney? (bagnewsnotes.com)
- I watched the debate again… and I didn’t think Obama was that bad. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Debate Tonight! Romney vs. Obama Round 2 (davidscommonsense.wordpress.com)
- Obama out to seize momentum from Romney in debate (krem.com)
- Ouch!: The New Yorker set to mock Barry “The One” Obama with next cover (riehlworldview.com)
- Romney’s hands-on leadership style: micro-manager or ‘chief decider’? (news.yahoo.com)