Romney Campaign to Issue Chick-fil-A Vouchers to Insulted Voters
September 20, 2012
By Gregory Luce
Reeling from Mitt Romney’s latest gaffe that served to lambaste more than 150 million Americans as moochers and victims, the Romney campaign announced today that they would issue up to one million $5 Chick-fil-A vouchers to any American voter who felt insulted by the comments.
“It’s the least we could do,” Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said. “Chick-fil-A is a valued partner in the Romney campaign and a place where many Americans–whether taxpayers, moochers, or victims—can find great chicken sandwiches. I personally know Governor Romney is a huge fan of the franchise.”
In announcing the Chick-fil-A voucher program, vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan said the vouchers can be used at any Chick-fil-A restaurant in the country and that the value doubles if “Mitt makes another suitably dumb and inelegant comment.” Ryan also clarified that each Chick-fil-A voucher could be used toward paying qualified Medicare prescription costs, up to a limit of $15 per person, starting in 2015.
- Chick-Fil-A Debuts New Homophobic Sandwich | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy Assures Mike Huckabee That Nothing Has Changed (advocate.com)
- Campaign expenses: Beer, limos, Chick-fil-A (politico.com)
- Chick-fil-A changes their tune (dashpunk.com)
- Huckabee: Chick-fil-A didn’t cave (wnd.com)
- Chick-fil-A to halt funding of anti-LGBT groups: report (womensphilanthropy.typepad.com)
- GOP Cancels Chick-Fil-A Order (radio.foxnews.com)
- Chick-Fil-A ENDS Anti-Gay Donations, Requires Equal Treatment! (perezhilton.com)
- Romney Silent on Chick-fil-A (drudge.com)
- Chick-fil-A makes another statement on controversy (myfox8.com)