SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
IN NEW CAMPAIGN STRATEGY, ROMNEY TO HAVE MOUTH WIRED SHUT UNTIL NOVEMBER
POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In what his campaign described today as a bold strategy to insure victory in the Presidential contest, Republican nominee Mitt Romney will undergo a procedure to have his mouth wired shut until Tuesday, November 6th.
The decision reportedly was made in response to the release earlier in the day of rare video footage showing Mr. Romney saying what he really thinks.
In the video, Mr. Romney blasts the American people for being “insanely obsessed with food, clothing, and shelter,” and asserts that many of them are “too lazy to hide their money overseas.”
At another point in the video, Mr. Romney refers to his own hardscrabble childhood: “I was never handed anything in life. If I wanted to cut a gay kid’s hair off, I had to pin him to the ground myself.”
Romney campaign aides were upbeat about the mouth-wiring procedure today, with some saying they wished they had thought of it months ago.
When asked about the procedure at a campaign stop in Ohio, Mr. Romney said, “Mmmnff ffnn mmfff nnnnnff.”
- Attacked on Foreign Policy, Romney Cites His Money’s Experience Abroad : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney’s Wife to Stand Next to Him at Debates : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Mitt Romney Accepts Nomination: “I Bought It” : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney Trails Clint Eastwood’s Empty Chair After Convention : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Poll: Presidential Race Close Among Voters with No Television : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report: Jenna Jameson Clarifies Her Endorsement of Romney : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- POLL: Majority of Republicans Guess They Have to Support Fucking Romney : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Less Interesting Person Than Romney Found in Wisconsin : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney Campaign Releases First Picture of V.P. Pick : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Paul Ryan Launches Campaign Theme of Lying About Everything : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)