Several brewers across the country have announced that they will start making batches of the White House homebrews.
The Obama White House the beer recipes last week, after several beer enthusiasts petitioned for them. Obama has been carrying the homebrews around on the trail, handing them out to voters at various events. The beers were also served at several White House parties.
“We’re going to call it El Presidente Honey Ale,” the brewer’s founder told the paper.
And several D.C.-based brewers have also expressed interest. Local DC Brau brewery told they wanted to brew the beer, but were in the process of asking the White House for permission. And the local website DCist, in conjunction with several local brewing enthusiasts, will make their own batch.
“Lutz and DCist agreed to team up in producing a replica of White House Honey Ale, using the recipe provided by White House Assistant Chef Sam Kass in Saturday’s announcement,” the announced this week.
- Brewers to make White House beers (politico.com)
- U.S White House releases beer recipe (bazaardaily.com)
- ‘Ale to the Chief': White House Beer Recipes (themoderatevoice.com)
- White House releases beer recipe (politico.com)
- White House reveals its beer recipe (upi.com)
- ‘Ale to the chief:’ White House releases home brew recipes (seattlepi.com)
- Breaking News of Global Import: White House Releases a Beer Recipe! (theartofaccess.com)
- White House Releases Beer Recipe (fox8.com)
- Ale to the chief: White House releases its recipe for beer (blogs.mcclatchydc.com)
- White House Beer Recipes (grub.gunaxin.com)