AUGUST 31, 2012
POLL: ROMNEY TRAILS EMPTY CHAIR
POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In a development that the Republican campaign is sure to find troubling, a new poll of likely voters showed nominee Mitt Romney trailing badly behind the empty chair Clint Eastwood talked to onstage at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
When asked the question, “Who cares more about people like me?” thirty-seven per cent of voters responded, “Mitt Romney,” while fifty-two per cent said, “Chair.”
The poll numbers for the chair represent the largest post-convention bounce for an inanimate object since the nomination of Michael Dukakis, in 1988.
- Clint Eastwood Goes Way Off-Script (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Eastwooding’ Is Now Happening Everywhere (fox4kc.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s speech backfires on the Republicans (boston.com)
- ‘Eastwooding’ makes the rounds on the Web (news.yahoo.com)
- Romney Thought Clint Eastwood’s Speech Was Funny (buzzfeed.com)
- Clint Eastwood Political Cartoons (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Clint Eastwood: Twitter’s best punchlines about ‘Invisible Obama’ speech (storify.com)
- Three reasons Clint Eastwood worked for Republicans (humanevents.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s empty chair at RNC sparks Internet buzz (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Clint Eastwood – Clint Eastwood, Barack Obama “conversation” Doesn’t Go Down Well (contactmusic.com)