Fake news and political satire.
JULY 28, 2012
ROMNEY’S GAFFES WORSEN IN ISRAEL
Posted by Andy Borowitz
TEL AVIV (The Borowitz Report)—The Mitt Romney Gaffe Express pulled into a new station today, leaving its conductor’s hopes of proving himself to be a nimble statesman in tatters.
Mr. Romney’s troubles began in a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, to whom he presented gifts of a HoneyBaked ham and a wheel of cheddar cheese.
After Mr. Netanyahu ordered both gifts removed from his residence and destroyed, Mr. Romney went on to address the Knesset, where he congratulated the Jewish people on building the pyramids.
“Ann and I saw them during a cruise we took to the Middle East, and they were magnificent,” he told the stunned legislators. “As accomplishments go, building the pyramids isn’t up there with saving the Olympics, but you should still feel very, very proud. Nice job.”
Sensing that his remarks were not going over as well as intended, Mr. Romney improvised: “No, really. Incredible building job you did. If any of you would like to work on our house in La Jolla, just say the word. Only thing is, you’ll have to work Saturdays.”
Mr. Romney’s day concluded with an awkward moment at the West Bank, where he attempted to deposit ten million dollars.
- Romney Claims Dog Ate Tax Returns and Ran Bain Capital for Three Years : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- POLL: Majority of Republicans Guess They Have to Support Fucking Romney : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Mitt Romney’s London Trip: Successful In Terms of Image Deconstructing (themoderatevoice.com)
- Romney Campaign Releases First Picture of V.P. Pick : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- On Israel, Romney sees opening against Obama – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Borowitz Report – My Finances An Explanation from Mitt Romney (mbcalyn.com)
- Bachmann Claims White House Has Links to Extremist Group Called Democrats : The New Yorker (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney Pays Surprise Visit to his Money in the Caymans ” Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Legendary Magazine The New Yorker Will Now Host Humorous Satire Blog ‘Borowitz Report’ [Media] (gawker.com)
- Netanyahu to convey Iranian concerns to Romney (kansascity.com)