TUE JUL 17, 2012 AT 11:07 AM PDT
Not as qualified as (hahaha) Sarah Palin.
This pretty much says it all, doesn’t it?
Mitt Romney’s tax returns had nothing to do with Sen. John McCain’s decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008, according to the Arizona Republican, saying he chose the former Alaska governor because she was a “better candidate.” [...]
Asked why he chose not to go with Romney, McCain said: “Oh come on, because we thought that Sarah Palin was the better candidate. Why did we not take [Tim] Pawlenty, why did we not take any of the other 10 other people. Why didn’t I? Because we had a better candidate, the same way with all the others. … Come on, why? That’s a stupid question.”
Hear that, Mitt? T-Paw? (And every other single Republican in the entire country not named Sarah Palin?) Sarah Palin was the most bestest, most qualifiedicalistic candidate in the entire party—no, the country. (Remember, McCain the Maverick was even willing to consider Democrats for his ticket too.)
That’s how much Mitt Romney sucks. That’s how much trouble he’s in. McCain’s camp took one look at him and realized he was too big a risk to put on the ticket so they went with the Disasta from Alaska instead. Because country first, after all.
- McCain: Half-wit hockey mom with knocked-up teen daughter better candidate than Romney (dailykos.com)
- McCain: Half-wit hockey mom with knocked-up teen daughter better candidate than Romney (petaluma-1.newsvine.com)
- McCain Says Romney Taxes Fine, But He Picked Palin Because She Was a “Better Candidate” (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Sarah Palin Inspires a New Lipstick Color (bellasugar.com)
- McCain: Sarah Palin Was A “Better Candidate” Than Mitt Romney (alan.com)
- McCain: I Chose Palin For VP Because She Was The Better Candidate, Not Because Of Romney’s Tax Returns (mediaite.com)
- John McCain: Sarah Palin Was a Better Candidate Than Mitt Romney [Election 2012] (gawker.com)
- Which is worse? (dependablerenegade.com)
- McCain Says Tax Returns Did Not Disqualify Romney (politicalwire.com)
- McCain irked by blowback over Palin remark (politico.com)