Eating Disorders Common Among Older Women
JUNE 22, 2012
A study by researchers at the University of North Carolina found that 13 percent of women 50 years of age and older had an eating disorder such as binge-eating or bulimia, including many women over the age of 75. What do you think?
Look, once your husband’s gone, there’s nobody left to keep up appearances or keep down food for.
Well, you know, you get all busy and preoccupied, then pow, suddenly you’re 50, and it dawns on you, ‘My God, I never got around to that eating disorder.’
No wonder, when they’re being constantly bombarded with unrealistic images of Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.
- New Preventative Drug Would Kill People Before They Get Alzheimer’s | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- Older women can have eating disorders – UPI.com (upi.com)
- Eating disorders are common in older women, study shows. – USA TODAY (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- Governor Too Embarrassed To Say Which State He Leads | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- U.S. Improves Infrastructure With Transnational Power Strip | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source (mbcalyn.com)
- Romney Promises ‘The Opposite’ Of Obama On Israel | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source | American Voices (mbcalyn.com)
- Eating Disorders Not Just for Young (abcnews.go.com)
- Stress Up Since 1983 | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source | American Voices (fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com)
- Eating disorder behaviors and weight concerns are common in women over 50 (eurekalert.org)
- Eating disorders can hit at any age, report (canada.com)