POSTED APRIL 28, 2012
Obama’s Use of Complete Sentences Stirs Controversy
Could Imperil Reelection Hopes, Experts Say
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In the first term in office, President Barack Obama has broken with a tradition established over the previous eight years through his controversial use of complete sentences, political observers say.
New polls indicate that millions of Americans are put off by the President’s unorthodox verbal tic, which has Mr. Obama employing grammatically correct sentences virtually every time he opens his mouth.
Mr. Obama’s decision to use complete sentences in his public pronouncements, as well as his insistence on the correct pronunciation of the word “nuclear,” has harmed his reelection hopes among millions of voters who find his unusual speaking style unfamiliar and bizarre.
According to presidential historian Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota, after eight years of George W. Bush many Americans find it “alienating” to have a President who speaks English as if it were his first language.
“Every time Obama opens his mouth, his subjects and verbs are in agreement,” says Mr. Logsdon. “If he keeps it up, he is running the risk of sounding like an elitist.”
The historian said that if Mr. Obama insists on using complete sentences in his speeches, on Election Day the public may find itself saying, “Okay, subject, predicate, subject predicate – we get it, stop showing off.”
Elsewhere, consumers who believed that Nutella was nutritious have won a $3.05 million lawsuit, the highest award ever paid to morons.
- Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- In Positive Economic Sign, Republicans Starting to Say Obama Wasn’t Born in US Again ” Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Obama Risks Alienating Republicans By Using Facts (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Fact That No One Likes Him May Be Hurting Romney (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Bigot Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – A Clarification from Mitt Romney (mbcalyn.com)
- In new ‘Forward’ ad, Obama campaign looks backward (theblaze.com)
- Obama Must be President of Some Other Country (whitehousedossier.com)
- An Argument Against Healthcare ” Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Obama, Clinton headline fundraiser in McLean (virginiabusiness.com)