Hookers Downgrade US Credit Rating
Shortchanging by Secret Service Draws Strong Rebuke
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – Days after Secret Service agents shortchanged a group of prostitutes in Colombia, the international trade group representing hookers downgraded the United States’ credit rating from AAA to B.
The strong rebuke from the International Alliance of Professional Escorts came after a Secret Service agent reportedly paid one of its members $30 for an $800 service, or only 4% of the stated price.
The statement from the International Alliance of Professional Escorts said that in downgrading the United States’ credit rating it was sending a clear message that its “members should be aware that doing business with the government of the United States carries with it a significant risk.”
“We are urging our members to avoid conducting transactions with the United States and to focus on more reliable customers, like the International Monetary Fund,” the statement added.
Just hours after the announcement from the escorts’ group, the U.S. Congress passed the following resolution blasting the Secret Service for its actions: “We strongly denounce the Secret Service for consorting with prostitutes, which has traditionally been Congress’s role.”
But it was not all bad news this week for the Secret Service, which today reported a 5000% jump in enlistment.
The agency said that enlistment offices across the country have been packed with prospective agents, including House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who abruptly dropped out of the Presidential race to join.
- Twitter reacts to growing Secret Service scandal (twitchy.com)
- Criminal charges will be amped up if secret service escorts are underage (examiner.com)
- Photos and a Lawsuit in the Secret Service’s Hooker Scandal (reason.com)
- Revealed: Woman at the centre of Secret Service ‘hooker’ row (thesun.co.uk)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxchicago.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxdc.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxboston.com)
- Were Secret Service Hookers Underage? (myfoxny.com)