North Korea Expelled from Axis of Evil
Ahmadinejad Cites ‘Lack of Evil’
PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report ) – Just hours after an embarrassing launch of a rocket that crashed to the ground in a little over a minute, North Korea suffered another blow to its prestige as it was expelled from the Axis of Evil.
The decision was announced by the presiding Chairman of the Axis of Evil, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who cited as the reason for the expulsion North Korea’s evident “lack of evil.”
“There are a lot of evil countries out there, Iran for one, who are trying to terrify the world by developing nuclear weapons,” he said. “When North Korea launches a so-called ‘rocket’ and it goes about twenty feet before blowing up, that just makes it harder for the rest of us.”
A spokesman for the erstwhile evil nation objected strongly to Mr. Ahmadinejad’s statement, saying it was “totally unfair to judge how evil a country is based on one crappy rocket.”
For a rogue nation that prides itself on threatening the world community, membership in the Axis of Evil is considered essential, which makes North Korea’s expulsion from the group a particularly damaging setback.
“The rocket thing is hurting our credibility, evil-wise, no question about it,” one aide to North Korean President Kim Jong-un said today. “This afternoon we tried to threaten Japan and it went straight to voicemail.”
In a possible sign of newly reduced ambitions, North Korea today hurled a roll of toilet paper over the border at South Korea.
Mr. Ahmadinejad offered no comment about the latest incident on the Korean Peninsula, other than to say, “Really, the whole thing is kind of sad.”
- Borowitz Report – Whitney Houston (mbcalyn.com)
- Failed North Korean Launch a Setback for Kim Jong-un – NYTimes.com (mbcalyn.com)
- North Korean Rocket Said to Fail Moments After Liftoff – NYTimes.com (mbcalyn.com)
- Report: North Korea Rocket Broke Apart (news.antiwar.com)
- Attempted North Korean Rocket Launch a Failure (jdjournal.com)
- North Korea “Blew It” Badly! Do We Wait For Them “Blow It” Rightly? (neosecularist.com)
- North Korea has defied International pressure and launched a rocket (luvsiesous.com)
- North Korea’s long range rocket crashes into sea (uwtreasures.wordpress.com)
- Analyst: North Korea’s Failed Rocket Launch May Undermine New Leader (revolutioninmedia.com)
- Analyst: North Korea’s Failed Rocket Launch May Undermine New Leader (voanews.com)