TSA OVERSIGHT: Tell Us Your TSA Story
March 23, 2012
Washington, DC – Transportation Security Administration (TSA) program challenges and failures will be the focus of a joint hearing of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure on Monday.
This hearing will be led by Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL). Mica is also a senior member of the Oversight Committee. Both committees have focused on the need for significant TSA reform in order to improve transportation security and eliminate the waste of taxpayers’ money on ineffective or poorly implemented programs.
The focus of Monday’s hearing will include Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT), the Screening of Passengers by Observation Techniques (SPOT) program, the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) program, the Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) program, and other security initiatives administered by the TSA. The Committees plan to continue conducting joint oversight hearings examining additional TSA issues in the coming months.
Members will solicit questions from the public via their Facebook pages to ask TSA officials at the hearing.
For more information on this hearing click here.
WHAT: Joint hearing of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure: “TSA Oversight Part III: Effective Security or Security Theater?”
WHEN: 1:30 PM, Monday, March 26, 2012
WHERE: 2154 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515
· Christopher L. McLaughlin, Transportation Security Administration, Assistant Administrator for Security Operations
· Stephen Sadler, Transportation Security Administration, Assistant Administrator for Intelligence and Analysis
· Rear Admiral Paul F. Zukunft, U.S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Marine Safety, Security & Stewardship
· Stephen M. Lord, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Director, Homeland Security
Schneier on Security*
* Mr. Schneier will not testify at Monday’s hearing (UPDATE: 3/23/12)
# # #
Read more… Committee On Oversight & Government Reform.
- Congress Wants Your TSA Stories (yro.slashdot.org)
- Video: Food Stamp Fraud Exposed – Oversight and Reform Hearing Tomorrow (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Follow Friday: @GOPoversight (thehill.com)
- Key Member of Congress Lends Support to Whistleblower Robert MacLean (pogoblog.typepad.com)
- Video: Issa’s Opening Statement at ‘Protecting the Right to Freedom of Conscience’ Hearing (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Issa: Protecting Americans From Food Stamp Fraud (usamericanfreedom.com)
- US House Committee Announces Oversight Hearing on DNS and Search Engine Blocking (circleid.com)
- AG Holder, the Failure of Fast & Furious is Your Responsibility (usamericanfreedom.com)
- CFPB Head Richard Cordray Testifies Before the House (pubcit.typepad.com)
- Jordan: GOP investigations of Obama are for the voters (politico.com)