In Possible Gaffe, Romney Says Poor People ‘Taste Like Chicken’
Awkward Moment at Ohio Wrestling Event
TOLEDO (The Borowitz Report)) – In what some political observers are calling a possible gaffe on the part of the former Massachusetts governor, Mitt Romney told a crowd gathered for a World Wrestling Entertainment event in Ohio today, “I love poor people. They taste like chicken.”
After an awkward silence from the crowd and a smattering of boos, Mr. Romney added, “Really, you should try them someday. They go well with a nice Sancerre.”
The GOP frontrunner’s latest faux pas came just two days after Mr. Romney’s big win in the Michigan primary, in which he narrowly defeated a mental patient in a sweater vest.
In Michigan, Mr. Romney had spoken to workers at a GM plant, saying, “I love cars. I’m like a car. I was conceived in Michigan and my microcircuitry is from Japan.”
In other campaign news, former Senator Rick Santorum addressed the controversy over contraception, telling a crowd in Dayton, “The best form of contraception will always be underwear with a picture of me on the crotch.”
In other news:
– North Korea said it would stop making nuclear weapons if the US stops making Chipmunks sequels.
– Bristol Palin announced plans to do a reality show, despite her mother’s longstanding objection to reality.
– And “Jersey Shore” star Snooki is pregnant, according to People I Don’t Give a Shit About magazine.
- Romney Wins Michigan Primary: Did Santorum Get “Newtitus?” (Roundup) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Santorum Campaign: Michigan Primary Is A Tie (mediaite.com)
- After Michigan, it’s on to Ohio for Romney, Santorum (goerie.com)
- Mitt Romney wins Arizona and Michigan primaries (guardian.co.uk)
- Mitt Romney dodges a bullet (economist.com)
- Team Romney: Rick Santorum’s ‘political treason’ over Democrat robocalls … – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- Mitt Romney’s decisive Michigan win won’t be enough to oust Obama – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Republicans split Michigan spoils (bbc.co.uk)
- Michigan, Arizona primaries give Romney a needed boost (capitolhillblue.com)
- Mitt Romney wins Arizona and Michigan primaries – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)