POSTED FEBRUARY 2, 2012
A Clarification from Mitt Romney
About Poor People
LA JOLLA, CA (The Borowitz Report) – Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney today released the following letter to the American people:
Dear American People:
Yesterday, comments I made about poor people made me look terrible. This always seems to happen when I say what I really believe.
The fact is, I do care about poor people. That’s because I’m poor myself, when you compare me to Mark Zuckerberg.
According to most projections, Facebook’s IPO should net Mr. Zuckerberg a personal fortune of $28 billion. I couldn’t make a pile of dough-re-mi like that even if I fired people twenty-four hours a day.
Now, let’s take a look at Mitt Romney’s net worth: a measly $200 million. Now do you see why I consider myself poor? Compared to Mark Zuckerberg, Mitt Romney is practically a crack whore.
Now, I’m not going to sit here and envy a rich person like Mark Zuckerberg. That’s exactly what President Obama wants poor people like me to do. Mark Zuckerberg made his money fair and square, by creating useful products like imaginary sheep and angry birds. Say what you will about Facebook, it has totally revolutionized the way we waste our lives.
The fact is, if you’re poor in America, you should do what Mark Zuckerberg did: create a social network. I’ve just started my own, called TwoFaceBook. With TwoFaceBook, your profile doesn’t stay the same for more than two seconds.
In closing, there’s one more reason I don’t worry about poor people. They have Groupons.
Vote for me,
- Romney Clarifies Statement On Poor People (zerohedge.com)
- A Letter from Mitt Romney ” Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Romney Under Pressure to Prove He Was Manufactured in US (mbcalyn.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Gift To Democrats: “Not Concerned About the Poor” Gaffe (themoderatevoice.com)
- Borowitz Report – Romney Jubilant After Finishing in Dead Heat with Walking Joke in Sweater Vest (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Falling in Polls, Romney Considers Adultery (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – Conspiracy Theorists Believe Actual Republican Candidates Are Tied Up Somewhere (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – To the People of Iowa (mbcalyn.com)
- Borowitz Report – In Confident Sign, Gingrich Changes Facebook Status to ‘In an Open Relationship’ (mbcalyn.com)